Tuesday 8 March 2011

Piling on the scrumptiousness

When the cravings hit last night, I thought I was prepared. Peanut butter on toast — I had that firmly in mind.

And it almost fit the bill. Almost. But I needed something more. Hmm....

With toast already laid on the plate and peanut butter freshly spread, inspiration bonked me on the noggin. Times four.

And such fun I had, bolting about the kitchen, grabbing up random ingredients. Slathering there. Sprinkling here.


I ended up with a beastie that I surely hadn't planned. But de-licious it was.
I called it my Peanut-butter Plus.
So simple. Here's how:

Sarah's Peanut-butter Plus

Step 1: Toast a slice of bread, the wholegrain-ier the better.

Step 2: Spread on peanut butter. Liberally.

Step 3: Spread on some cream cheese.

Step 4: Gloop on your favorite high-fruit jam.

Step 5: Sprinkle on the fun toppings. For example, sliced almonds, chocolate chips, M&Ms, grated coconut, etc.

FYI, on top of the peanut butter (all natural) and cream cheese, I used apricot jam, plus almonds and chocolate chips (dark chocolate; it's the only way to go). My snack was made even better for choosing a slice of heartier-than-thou bread, baked by my friend Carolyn. (Thanks, C.)

I certainly recommend starting with a substantial base. That is to say, a slice of premium bread.

Then have at it with the spreads and toppings. As wicked and wacky as you can pile 'em.

No comments:

Post a Comment