Sunday 18 August 2013

Raw almond cookie balls

One of my lovely sisters is moving out of the country for a prolonged period. For those who know our family, my sisters are quite close. We will miss her greatly.
I wanted to make a little treat for her to take on her flight. She, like me, aims to eat healthy. As one of her favorite flavours is almond, I devised this little cookie accordingly. I’ve been on a raw-food rampage lately, as I flatly refuse to turn on the oven during this usually warm summer. 


Raw almond cookie balls
  • 1 cup almonds
  • ½ cup dates
  • ¼ cup coconut oil
  • ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp raw macadamia nut butter
  • ½ tsp pure almond extract
  • dash salt
  • 1½ cups organic oats
Grind almonds and dates in food processor. Add other ingredients and grind some more, until reasonably homogenous. Form dough into balls of desired size. Simple, eh?

You may roll your cookies perfectly round or leave 'em just a little wobbly, which is my preference.
 
I store these at room temperature, as we demolish them rather quickly.

For long-distance transport, you might wish to wrap each cookie in wax paper, so they won’t fuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment